The Popular Surf Board Fence Photographs
My black and white fine art photograph and color images of a fence on the island of Maui, Hawaii constructed entirely of old discarded surfboards is becoming a popular print on Fine Art America and Pixels.com.
A 36.000″ x 21.875″ print of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii Black And White was recently sold to a buyer from Santa Monica, CA. This is how they choose to frame it.
- Image Size: 36.000″ x 21.875″
- Total Size: 41.75″ x 27.625″
- Print Material: Luster Photo Paper
- Frame: CRQ13 – Black Wood (CRQ13)
- Top Mat: Raven Black
- Finishing: 1/8″ Clear Acrylic – Foam Core Mounting
This print was also sold recently as a 16.00″ x 9.75″ print of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii Black and White going to a buyer from Phoenix, AZ.
A color version of surf board fence sold as a metal print.
This version was order as a 30.00″ x 18.13″ print of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii heading to a buyer from New City, NY.
Another buyer purchased a similar image as a cool throw pillow.
This Throw Pillow 16″ x 16″ of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii went to a buyer from Glen Allen, VA. Maybe in a tropical themed room or outdoor space?
This buyer wanted it on a phone case.
Its an iPhone 6 Case of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii Black and White to a buyer from Ewa Beach, HI.
Here is another iPhone 6 Case of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Novi, MI.
Another surf board phone case – this time a iPhone 6 Case of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Flower Mound, TX.
This version went as a a iPhone 5 Case of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Newcastle Upon Tyne, – United Kingdom.
This print rolled in a tube was a 16.00″ x 11.63″ print of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Perth, WA – Australia.
Other sales of Surf Board Fence:
- sold a greeting card of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Roseville, CA.
- sold a iPhone 5C Case of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Yorba Linda, CA.
- sold a 36.00″ x 26.13″ canvas print of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Bellingham, WA.
- sold a iPhone 5C Case of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Ottawa, KS.
- sold a greeting card of Surfboard Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Charlestown, MA.
- sold a greeting card of Surf Board Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from Plainfield, IL.
- sold a 60.00″ x 40.00″ metal print of Surfboard Fence Maui Hawaii to a buyer from San Martin, CA.
About the Surf Board Fence on Maui Hawaii
Donald DJ Dettloff still can’t figure out how his quiet Haiku property on Kaupakalua Road has evolved into a quirky Maui landmark. Known simply as the surfboard fence, this towering structure made of hundreds of discarded surfboards has become a must-see attraction for residents and tourists seeking fun off the beaten path. Still, Donald admits it’s all a fluke.
I don’t even try, really. I just sit over here and people come and keep bringing their boards, he says, pointing out a stack of five boards that were donated in the past two weeks. I look at how big it is now and I just don’t know what happened.
It all started back in 1990 when the forecast of a hurricane prompted Donald to secure his surfboards by wiring them to his fence. Artistic inspiration ensued and he decided to add a few more boards to his humble collection nothing fancy, just discarded ones that he salvaged at the nearby junkyard.