Heading back to the Upper Valley in New Hampshire (rivers, lakes, trees, mountains, cows, light traffic) on the Dartmouth Coach from the Grand Central area to home in five hours or so via a well appointed bus with movies, snacks, bathroom and Wifi. About the Dartmouth Coach – great service on an upscale bus with comfy seats and lots of amenities but do they have to show the same movies both ways?
Hampton Inn Times Square
- Great location – close to Hell’s Kitchen for great dining, not far from Highline.
- Nice enough room, a bit on the small size but its NYC
- Roof deck
- Free breakfast but not enough space in the breakfast area at peak times.
- Slow elevators. I ended up walking down 27 flights after waiting 15 minutes for an elevator.
We packed in a lot during our trip and walked a zillion miles.
- Saw Wicked on Broadway at the Gershwin Theater. Excellent show.
- Had great Asisan food at Obao in Hell’s Kitchen. Reasonably priced and they had a bonus happy hour going on when we went before the show.
- Trip to the MET Breurer to see the Paul Klee and Diane Arbus shows. Excellent. Had some Italian food for lunch and then on to the main MET. Everything is farther than it looks on the map.
- Took the subway to Brooklyn to visit the Pratt Institute campus. It was raining but the campus is a beautiful sculpture garden and was a treat to see. Went to the nearby Blick store and got a bagel and a smear of cream cheese.
- Took the subway back to the Brooklyn Bridge – bought some umbrellas and walked up to the bridge. Excellent although freezing.
- Walked to the 911 Memorial which was a bit irritating with people smiling and taking selfies. WTF?
- Walked through SOHO, stopped in to see some Art Wolfe and other photographers stuff at a gallery, continued through Greenwich Villiage and Chelsea to see the Parsons New School area.
- Checked out the Chelsea Market, had a beer and some snacks, did a bit of shopping and then went on the Highline.
- Highline was awesome. So nice to walk without having to stop at every light.
- Walked around the waterfront area and then had a great sandwich at City Sandwich.
Did I mention we did a lot of walking? Last morning, a bit more walking around the Times Square, Hell’s Kitchen and Highline area. Lunch at Pershing Square Cafe and an ice cream in Grand Central before getting back on the bus. Lots of stuff packed in a few days. Probably got a few decent photos too.