Nothing beats the flexibility of camping when it comes to exploring Iceland. Why choose a camper van in Iceland? Here are some great reasons:
- Save money. Campsites are cheaper than hotels and you don’t have to rent a car.
- Flexibility. Hotels and Bed and Breakfasts on Iceland are few and far between.
- Unpredictable weather. By camping you can change your schedule with the changes in weather.
- In a camper van you can go anywhere and do anything you want to do.
There are 3 persons per square kilometer in Iceland. This allows you to basically disappear into the nature in a motor-home, caravan or camper van.
- No reservations needed. In Iceland you won’t need to reserve a spot at a camp site . You need simply to show up and enjoy it. Camp sites are very modern and have good facilities.
- Easy to get around. All of Iceland’s ring road (road no.1) is asphalt which allows you to drive safely around Iceland in any type of camper van.
- No planning needed. You just follow the good weather and enjoy where it takes you.
- Great views from any parking spot. In Iceland there are hardly any trees. Therefore you always have an amazing 360° view from a camper at all times.
- Bring your kitchen with you. With a Camper van you have a kitchen wher-ever you go. This will save you lot´s of cash. Fast food in Iceland is expensive.
- Unpack once. Instead of having to pack and unpack every day, with a camper you can unpack once.